- 4 oz jumbo lump crab meat (1 cup)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons reduced-fat (not low-fat) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 (4-oz) gray sole fillets
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fine fresh bread crumbs (preferably from a baguette)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix crab, mayonnaise, bell pepper, and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Lay sole fillets flat with darker side up and season with salt and pepper. Divide stuffing among fillets, mounding on thicker half of each. Fold thinner half of fillet over stuffing, tucking end under to form a packet.
- Arrange stuffed fillets in a lightly oiled 9-inch pie plate. Cover with a round of parchment paper, then cover pie plate tightly with foil.
- Bake in upper third of oven until just cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Cook garlic in oil in a small skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in bread crumbs and cook, stirring, until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat, then stir in zest and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer sole to plates and pour pan juices through a fine sieve into a small bowl. Spoon some of juices over fish and sprinkle with bread crumbs.