finely chopped onion
finely chopped red pepper
slice firm white sandwich bread
lean ground beef
Freshly ground pepper
box frozen chopped spinach
shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
very thin slices (4 oz) Genoa salami
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, red pepper and garlic, and cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring often, until lightly browned and soft. Remove from heat.
- While onion and pepper cook, break eggs into a large bowl and whisk to break up. Tear bread into small pieces and stir into egg.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9 x 5-in. loaf pan with cooking spray. Put a strip of foil or plastic wrap (about 20 in. long) on countertop.
- Add beef, salt, pepper and onion mixture to bowl. Mix gently with hands. Place on foil or plastic wrap and press into a 17 x 8-in. rectangle. Top with a layer of spinach, then cheese, then overlapping slices of salami. Roll up meat (but not the foil or plastic wrap) from one short end; lift into loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour 10 minutes, or until cooked through and a meat or instant-read thermometer inserted in center of loaf registers 160°F. Let stand 10 minutes before unmolding on cutting board or platter. Good served with garlic bread and broccoli rabe.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io