Rodale Images Rodale Images; n/a Tad Ware & Company
large carrots, julienned
slivered green onions
thinly sliced napa cabbage
minced fresh cilantro
ground black pepper
package (3 ounces) dried bean thread noodles
(8″) rice-paper rounds, softened (see note)
slivered fresh basil or mint
reduced-sodium soy sauce
dark sesame oil
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots, green onions, cabbage, olive oil, cilantro and pepper; toss well. Let marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, place the noodles in a medium bowl. Cover with boiling water and soak for 10 minutes, or until the noodles are softened. Drain well and snip into 2″ pieces. Set aside.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of the noodles and about 2 tablespoons of the vegetable mixture about 1″ from the lower edge of each rice-paper
- round. Sprinkle with the basil or mint leaves. Fold the bottom edge over the filling, fold in both sides and roll up tightly. Press to seal. Place on a plate; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the soy sauce and sesame oil. Serve as a dipping sauce with the spring rolls.
To soften the rice-paper rounds before rolling them, fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip each rice-paper round into the water for 10 seconds, or until softened and translucent. Remove and let drain on a clean dish towel. (Do not stack the rice papers or they will stick together.)
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io