These Greek shortbread cookies are super easy to make and the gluten-free version has a nice buttery texture.
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 cups gluten free flour
- 1 egg yolks
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cups + 1 cup powdered 10x sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or rose extract
- ½ teaspoon whole cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line baking trays with parchment paper. Sift the flour and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat room-temperature butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar and combine well. Add the egg yolk, vanilla and beat until just combined. Fold in the flour.
- Shape small pinches of mixture into domes and place on trays. (Wet your hands in a small bowl between pinches to keep them clean.)
- Bake for 12 minutes or until light brown. Cool on racks and powder generously. Place 1 clove in the center of each.