Since sorbet isn’t ice cream, it’s basically diet food, right?
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 ripe peaches, peeled and diced
- 1 vanilla bean
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Slice open the vanilla bean and scrape in the seeds, then add the pod. Add the peaches and cook, stirring occasionally, until the peaches have almost completely broken down- about 10-12 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan over medium heat, combine the water and the sugar and heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. Once the peaches are finished, remove the vanilla pod and add the peaches to the sugar-water. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain the peach mush through a colander, saving the liquid. Discard the peaches and let the liquid cool, about 15-20 minutes. Freeze the liquid for 4 hours or until frozen through, then serve.